Pulsed electromagnetic fields (PEMF) have various physical, psychological, and cognitive benefits. This therapy can assist in managing different conditions, from depression to chronic pain. This being said, a different frequency can be used depending on the condition needed to be treated. Besides using it to treat a condition, it can also be used to enhance cognitive functions and promote well-being.
Although to this day, there are no known side effects, there are a few contraindications and some reasons why for them:
- Pregnancy – ask your doctor if using PEMF could potentially be a health threat to your baby (more research is required).
- Acute viral diseases, infections, and tuberculosis – It can cause a temporary dampening effect on white blood cells, resulting in flare-ups. Therefore, it is crucial to have proper medical care and not to rely on PEMF as the primary source of treatment
- Mycosis – the inflammatory actions on the system may result in inflammation that temporarily worsens the condition.
- Children – PEMF is contraindicated for children who have not fully completed their growth process.
- Wearers of magnetizable prostheses – ask your doctor to ensure that PEMF won’t cause side effects if it interacts with your magnetizable prostheses
- Neurological diseases with seizures – if pulsed electromagnetic pulses are tuned to the frequency required for seizures, they may contribute to their triggering. Even though a disturbance is rarely observed, caution should be taken.
- Active bleeding – the worsening of platelets leads to a delay in blood clotting. Therefore, any source of the bleeding must be eliminated before applying PEMF.
- Psychoses – PEMF can sometimes produce unexpected results and, when used with medications, can result in lower blood pressure.
- Organic atherosclerosis - may result in hypotension and implications in the form of wide variations in blood pressure.
- Juvenile diabetes
- Severe arrhythmias
- Pacemaker wearer
We always recommend asking your doctor if you are a suitable candidate for this product before any use.